Sunday, August 16, 2026

Seize The Day

Horace’s original quote is:
“Carpe diem, quam minimum credulous posterio.”
Seize the day, trust the future as little as possible.

Like monkeys in a jungle swinging from vine to vine.
Training for years for one chance to win the gold.
(Would you tell the truth if it cost you your life?)
As hippies, it’s the way we lived, with mixed success.
As the Zen monk said to the novice sitting next to him:
“There is nothing next! This is it!”
I play the music over, but it never feels the same.

It’s not a guarantee that things will work out ok.
Who ever got one of those that really worked?
Some promise what will happen after you die.
Getting ahead of oneself never gets anywhere.

I’m right here, now…no place I’d rather be.
“Things are more the way they are now than they ever have been.”
Dwight David Eisenhower 
…a facet of carpe diem.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home