Friday, August 7, 2026

One For The Gipper

I played on teams…
in sports
leading meditation programs
leading plumbing projects
acting in ensemble theatre productions 
so I know what that’s like/how to be on a team.
The experiences have been mostly fulfilling.
Now I am a team of but one…solo water polo…
you’re looking at it…over here.
I’m not sure I could do anything like any
of those activities again.
I’m not even keen on teaming up with 
a publisher
a venue to read poetry
a venue to teach meditation…
I had to try…a lot…to get fluent at those endeavors.
Now I don’t try too hard…kinda trailing off
here at the end…
“the end of what?” he asked,
as if nothing ever ends, is lost,
reaches a conclusion except relativistically.

So this is one for the Gipper,
one for the team,
one for all sentient beings,
one for all the blood brothers and sisters,
Yada, yada, yada, expanding joy to the
universe certainly might as well should have….
you see, prayer, aspiration, “happy thoughts”
are techniques that change the quantum matrix
on the pre-subatomic level and effect everything.
So it’s better to not think but if you’re going to think,
think positive thoughts and if you can’t think positive 
thoughts sit still with the energy until it changes.
I had no idea I was going to write that, Gipper,
so, that’s one for you.

That’s called a cheap trick, but since
I’m not on a team or playing against
anyone, 
I win.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home