Sunday, August 9, 2026

Refrain

Music’s familiar magic tunes me up
to whatever ordinary miracles might arise
in today’s perceptions such as the wavy
peripheral vision I’m experiencing right now
the lack of inspiration to put down words
no muse is not good muse.

The saxophone is encouraging and patiently
waving its waves into my ears…I’m beginning 
to relax…time stretches…less bunched up
between my ears…
knotted by causes and conditions I can’t control…
the blockage reamed and loosened by sound…
(plumbers take notice)
all sound is mantra protecting the mind from the self
so, listen up, Blockhead! (that felt good).
All self is blockage from seeing things as they are.
If you ask: “What’s the hold up?” I just told you.

I could write something more pretty…
or, could I?

Right now, beauty is lying in bed not in pain,
a few accoutrements to keep me occupied,
the world will have to look after itself for a while,
rinse and repeat, da da dum da dum da dum.







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home