Hamster Wheel In A Cage
" I've got to get my laundry done, walk the dog,
Oh yes, the party is today…what time was it?
4 o’clock, that’s right…I wonder if the Smiths
will be there? Probably…and, of course they’ll
talk about politics. Why do they hate Trump so
much? I point out the good things he’s done, but
they won’t even listen. Just saying his name seems
to set them off…well, I’ll just try to steer the
conversation away…I wonder how Tommy is
doing? Such a smart kid…I wonder why he’s
having so much trouble in school…they talk about
sending him to a military academy…I wonder if
that’s happened yet. Was I supposed to bring
something? I’ll pick up a bottle of wine just in
case. I don’t feel like going, but I guess it will
be fun…Barbara is such a good cook, and Frank
makes a mean barbecue. The weather looks good
so it probably won’t rain. I don’t know if Bill will
remember about the party, so I’ll send him a
WhatsApp to remind him not to be late getting
home from work…he’s more absent minded than
I am…I wish he’d shave his beard…it’s so
disgusting…it almost makes me not want to have
sex with him…I’ll put up with it a little longer,
I guess. I hate to nag him, but sometimes I can’t
help it. What can I do? Maybe I’ll promise him
that sex thing he always wants that I don’t like
to do, or, let him buy the snowmobile that we can’t
afford…that raise didn’t come through yet…I’ll
remind him to ask his Boss again…that’s not
nagging, is it? Oops! Did I turn off the coffee
maker? Yes, I did…for once. I’m getting better
at that. Should I go shopping? What do we need?
Not much…I’ll go shopping tomorrow…yes,
shopping can wait…I’d better make a list. Let’s
see…what should I make for dinner tomorrow?
I wish I didn’t have to cook…Bill’s nice about
eating what I make, and he likes it most of the
time….I wish he liked liver and bacon, my
favorite meal…he hates it. He’s going on that
business trip next week…I’ll make it when he’s
gone. I trust him…I know he’s not having an
affair…I know he’s not that kind of guy…I wish
he didn’t bore me so much, but I guess I should
be thankful that that’s the worst that he is…Lilly
left her husband last week. She’s a mess right now…
I should invite her over, try to make her feel better…
she’s a good friend, but I’m always so busy! I’ll
try to make time for her next week…Thursday might
be good…I’ll write myself a note so I don’t forget.”
Maybe I should forget about the whole thing.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home