Tuesday, September 15, 2026

Waiting

Waiting for my laundry.
Waiting for a $5K dividend.
Waiting for a Golden Age.
Waiting for auspicious coincidence.
Waiting for humanity to evolve.
Waiting for space aliens to manifest
in their cute little saucer ships.
Waiting for a patron that appreciates 
my poetry.
Waiting for inspiration.
Waiting for breakfast.

Most of my life is already in the
cosmic quantum computer can.
My karma for this life is pretty
much fixed.
My bucket list is empty,
I have no axe to grind,
no bones to pick.
Still, a smile from a child is enough 
to bring me back to where I am.
I’m hardly noticed anymore…
I’ve become part of the environment…
I’m old, but not much in the way.

And so it goes; born, whatever 
happens in the middle, then dead…
we all go this way.
You can’t take your monuments with you.
Most of the famous people are already forgotten,
except Elvis…who can forget about Elvis?
He died on the toilet, but we’d rather not
remember that, among the many things we’d
rather not remember.
I’ve forgotten most of what I knew,
a blessing/curse of old age…
I can’t complain.
I’m not complaining…that’s uselessness 
itself and no one cares to hear it.
It’s more constructive to pay attention to
what’s still there and forget about the past.
You don’t live there anymore.

As to what may still occur, there’s no hope or fear.
I’ve seen it all before, nothing’s new under the sun.
Live, love, laugh and be happy.
There’s no profit in the alternative.
Tip of the day: relax, because 
everything’s not going anywhere.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home