A Real Man
“But he can’t be a man,
‘cause he doesn’t smoke
the same cigarettes as me.”
You think we didn’t always
know what was going on?
You think we forgot…did you forget
we stopped going to Disneyland
years ago?
Yes, my generation had a high casualty rate,
but it was only the weak ones.
Yes, I loved Jackie Gleason, (he built a house
in the shape of a flying saucer…it had three
floors, each with a full bar…the house only
had one bathroom…Nixon took Gleason on
a tour of a military installation when he was
President…he showed Jackie Gleason the
bodies of aliens…It’s said Jackie drank more
after that, if possible, for a few months. I think
the stories are true.) Ed Sullivan, we watched
Bonanza together as a family…Fess Parker as
Davy Crockett…I broke a toy rife over my
brother’s back one day…I did want to kill him.
I was a real man…good? bad? sure. I tried.
I didn’t kill anybody…didn’t even hurt
anybody real bad.
I haven’t been depressed since my teacher
slapped me in the face and said: “Cheer up!”
and everybody laughed.
I haven’t had (strong) thoughts since another
teacher said: “You don’t have to think!”
I’m almost completely gone, ha ha!
Gone, gone, pretty darn gone,
ain’t comin’ back soon darn gone,
yii ha! Ain’t it a bitch!
I’ll have those M&Ms now…

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home