Saturday, September 12, 2026

It Just Happened

A Mexican, stranger, sat down next to me
and started talking.
He was also talking to everyone else passing by…
got the picture?
He was crazy, but sweet, non threatening, fluid,
someone I could play with.
Then, ANOTHER one sat down, on the other side,
just an ordinary Mexican drunk this time a small
man, completely gentle, smiling, hardly making 
a sound.
Then, a dog passed by, with big piece of grass
hanging from his maw….a straw dog! HA!
Oh! Pueblo Magico!
Today you live up to your name!
I finally have my coterie!
Then, I went and had some noodles because my
noodle was a little discombobulated, and I needed 
to keep things simple, if you know what I am…
know what I mean?

It just happened 
like marriage,
like the big promotion,
like the fantastic trip
to the Isle of Capri,
like death.

Not like endless governments that 
promise to do everything right…
not like religions that promise Heavens
of delight.

I’ll stick with my temporary experience 
of cherished friends on the street,
grokking the gnosis, calmly sitting together
in our own real world.




(listening to Hendrix, putting this down on my blog)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home