Wednesday, September 9, 2026

How Am I Doing So Far?

“How am I doing so far?”
said Jesus on the cross, blood streaming
from his wounds, a smile on his face, though
they forgot to mention that in the Bible.

“How am I doing so far?” uttered from the lips
of the psychopath in uniform, his list of latest kills
stretched out to his superior sitting at his desk,
anxious to fill the quota.

“How am I doing so far?” Lee Atwater asked
George H. W. Bush after his latest dirty trick 
removed a rival from contention and before his 
brain tumor made him realize he’d made the 
mistake of his life by working for that evil man.

“How am I doing so far?” wondered the second
rate poet to himself in Mexico where he had 
escaped to from his native country, which he
had left when he saw it was going down the drain,
before the possibility arose that it could change.

It was the last thought he had before there was a
knock at the door, the Federal police there to be
certain he would never wonder any more.







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home