Sunday, August 2, 2026

Cartoonish: A “Solemn Heights” poem

“Watch me paste this peripatetic palooka
with my powerful pachyderma percussion 
pitch!” Said the Carny aside to one of his
favorite rubes.

You may remember something different.

As she walks, she looks ugly, but her
“Buenos Dias” was so sweet and lovely…
and so it goes…
if it wasn’t for the cliches, we wouldn’t 
have a clue where we were, although,
they’re used these days as a sort of cudgel,
blunt instruments to be blunt.
Don’t mind me, I’m still here,
at least on paper.

A rather boffo beginning
dwindling to horse latitudes of stillness
a lighter shade of lattice shadows leading 
in an inevitable direction…not yet.
A guy walks into the coffee house…
Santa Clause?
An old Hells Angel?
I won’t go up to him.

I went up to him…
because…
and he gave me a cigarette 
and I realized he had a soft heart
Mexican with macho beard, hair and vest,
a chill dude…
nothing more…
no big deal…
and so it goes.
“And if I seem to be unkind
it’s only me it’s not my mind
that is confusing things.”  John Lennon

Bears repeating…it’s how we learn.

So, I took a chance here, on the sidewalk,
this morning, by taking a step, one step,
out of my routine, and the Mandelbrot 
took over…
see how easy that was?

Now you try.

If you were here now your mind would be changed 
because Tepoztlan is magic space,
heightened by being surrounded by copper rich mountains,
the town is in the caldera of an old old volcano,
so I did Malcom Lowery one better.

I did a Malcom Lowery without the death…
halfway for sure…
now resurrected
just like Jesus no shit
born again like Buddha
for anyone it’s possible
just like that simultaneous 
awareness nowness synchronicity
why not without the question.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home