Sloe Foot an Almost Daily poem
A good meal
and I’m truckin’
down the Main Street
(good rap line)…
shops and colors and people
taking my time to look
feeling fine, then curbed on the curb
of the street, a store opens six x sixty feet
easy access to bottles of water…
then standing, walking sloe foot again.
An alien gets on the bus when I’m half the
way home… now I’m sitting outside my
place watching the paint dry,
moss on the cobblestone steps
distant buzz of chainsaw
cars passing on street above
pleasures sensors from the pot recreating paradise;
a recreational paradise an oasis far away
from the burning sands of reality,
hey,
we do the best we can eating peanut butter
and jelly…peanut butter is the masculine
principle and the jelly is the feminine
makes sense, don’t it?
“Shall I grapple with my destroyers
in the muscular poses of the museums?
But my destroyers avoid the museums.”
Wallace Stevens

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home