Tuesday, July 28, 2026

Odds And Ends

Three dreams last night and this morning…
the first was a nightmare, not unfamiliar,
my brother and I fighting to the death…
the second was neutral, the third was a
beautiful dream about my daughter just
before I woke up…those dreams are usually 
the best.

Life is but a dream, but you could have 
fooled everyone who think it’s real…
it’s as real as it gets, which is not saying
much when you consider all the trauma
of world wars that those that lived them
are mostly dead and gone and there’s only
residue of films which are bad enough but
not bad enough that we don’t make the
same mistakes again… the Homosap has
a terrible memory and there’s so much
he’d rather not know or consider. 
Ignorance is bliss until it isn’t which
many times is a little too late.

Don’t mean to be negative (is that a
positive?) but I can’t help what words
are written or maybe I could but then
I might be inclined to write nothing 
at all…would that be better? No one
has said so….lately.

I continue to be amazed (I’m making
that up) living in as close to paradise
as I’m likely ever to get having had a
taste of the rest of the world beautiful 
in its own way sure but here I feel I’ve
“found my spot” as Carlos said hey if
it ain’t broke don’t fix it not that Mexico
couldn’t use some fixing (the country
that almost works) but I don’t think in
terms of countries anymore those artificial 
boundaries that only slightly make sense
and are the source of jealousy, envy, greed
and other destructive elements that cause
all the messes and tamashas that arise.
“Why can’t we all just get along?” a wise
man or was he a Fool once said remembered
as a joke in popular culture if I was a comedian 
I would have plenty of material about that the
problem is it wouldn’t be that funny.
“You’d better laugh, folks, because these ARE
the jokes.” would be my constant refrain.

Sometimes I write actually what I consider to be
poems…other times just free flow of thoughts 
that I guess come from love for all beings wanting 
to communicate whether in humor in sadness of
our condition in inspiration in desperation yes all
of the above because each human mind is a universe
not only in the number of axions in our brains but
also in potential understanding if we’d actually use
that muscle and not languish in muscleheadedness
stubbornly plowing forth in self created ruts gorging
in troughs of banal sameness until the deathbed when
our final look at what was once our lives makes us think:
“What was that?”


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home