Saturday, July 25, 2026

Beats Me

It beats me,
and the beat goes on,
but I'm not beaten.
This world is not a place
I'd rather be, but what choice 
do any of us beings have?
I am subsumed by causes
and conditions beyond my
control in a changing time
(not progressing or evolving 
as far as we know or can see).

A mystery can't be known.
For all of us that don't believe 
in a myth it's rather disconcerting.
For those that do believe, it's like
they close their eyes on the edge 
of a cliff, the abyss that underlines
uncertainty.

All is not lost, nothing ever is,
the cosmic quantum mind, the
Akashic record, remembers,
like Santa Claus, all our deeds,
not what we think but what we do.

It's the waiting that gets me,
not seeing what's next or what's left,
the tectonic movement of events
beyond control or even understanding.

We'll know in retrospect, if even we survive.
There will be casualties, as there always are.
Basic goodness always arises, it's our nature.
One day is enough, if we take the time to see.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home