Sunday, September 22, 2024

Documentary #3

“I don’t hate people, I just feel better 

when they’re not around.” Charles Bukowski 

Move over, Rover, Jesus is coming!

Eli’s coming, hide your heart, girl!

Why should we argue?

Do your own thing! Even we hippies had 

some wisdom way back then.

“Chill” didn’t come from raves, you know.

I’ve loved being at some of them, they were

cool, groovy, out of sight.

“Do it again, just a little bit slower.”  We had

the best music back then. I say “back then” as

if it wasn’t now, which it is. I picked out the good

stuff all my life, wherever I found it. 

You’d be surprised. 

My Muse only has this tool, me, to work with.

The universe does what it can.

“Hey, look! Humans! That’s pretty good!”

Whoever thought that life would happen?

Another proof that thoughts don’t matter 

very much…

only when folks take them seriously.

Comedians have to be the way they are,

or else they’d explode. My mind’s a blank

until the universe peeks through. 

Wouldn’t you?


I only had a taste tease of moonshine once,

as a plumber at a rich man’s house in South

Carolina. It was the best liquor I’d ever tasted.

My father wanted to teach his sons how to drink,

so he taught us and we became drunks. Drinking 

helped me because I was very sensitive and uptight.

I always used, like Tarzan, the vines that 

were available. 


I don’t care.

I’m old.

You try it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home