Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Teleporting To Odessa

I’ve never been there,
but, I am there now, in
my mind.  I don’t know why
that place, that name, has
such a hold on me.

Maybe that there was such
a place in the middle of 
civilizations that rose and fell,
like the Big Game from the 
sidelines…smoking hashish
all the way.

That must have been good
for a few laughs, aside from
the tears.

“My shop has been open
for a thousand years…when
things got bad, my family hid…
brought the shop back out once
the conquerers went back to their
mistresses.

I have four hundred year old wine…
I have actual soma from India…
where is history? It’s here!”

I sat on the cushion next to a 
low table…listened to sounds
of the world outside. I felt I
hadn’t wasted my life.








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home