Thursday, August 21, 2014

Edlin Story

When I was a junior in high school
I had a friend, Jamie Edlin, a Jewish
Fox, she was a senior, and we just
connected intellectually personally,
you know….she was a good friend.
I visited her in Ladue neighborhood
of St. Louis….meaning money…we
went to a buffet at the Jewish Country 
Club which was fabulous….she had a 
sister, Laura,  I fell in love with something
about her…I think it was her tits, but, I’m
not sure. I visited her once at Vassar…
we slept in the same bed, but it was just
friendly. I went to her theatre class and
did something onstage. I heard much later
she attended St. Louis University…had a 

nervous break down. That’s the story.....no
that's not all...one time, at Carleton I finished
a radio show high on LSD,  then, hopped 
on an airplane to St. Louis to visit Laura. 
Ended up in a beauty parlor with her mother
who picked me up from the airport. I slept
on the chairs in the waiting room. Later that
night, I couldn't sleep, went for a walk in Ladue
and the police picked me up, took me back 
to the house where, they woke everyone up 
and  embarrassed the hell out of me.







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home