Sunday, December 15, 2013

Post San Francisco: Travelogue Decompression Moment

It was a beautiful trip….seems like I saved this
one up for the right reasons..My friend, A., lives
in a house owned by D., and my bosom friend, J.,
visited for a couple of days from Chicago…I bought
a little Cannon, (camera), right away so I could capture
visions from the visit. The camera turns out to be, (not
not to be), an exciting little beast…and, after patiently
trying to learn something about this new technology,
(two words in that sentence I abhor anymore: technology
and learning) I realized, like Joseph Cotton in "The
Forbidden Plant",  these new beings that are creating
these new intelligent inventions are so advanced, that
if I don't take it step by step….and not be concerned too
much if I don't get much past step three….. my
head will just explode….."Scanners"?

And, yeah, the camera is important because I captured
video of A., D., and J. playing the piano…all excellent
musicians. That right there was the price of admission.
The could be seen as "The Big Chill 2013" It gets more
like "Waiting For Godot" every year….
.I suppose I should try watching the videos both when I
have and haven't been drinking….
There was some rich conversation in there too….and
…masks.

Going into the Beat Bookstore I actually was a bit in awe
because we knew the same people. My friend, H., joined
us for that and to eat Thai food and chat…H. had been with
Leary at Millbrooke, and had some good stories, which we
all liked to hear because we were the same people…..





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home