Tuesday, December 10, 2013

San Francisco Update

Castro Valley….just like the rest of America. 
We did go to The Warf, watched football, got a 
glimpse of the Bay, bought a hoodie, (Christ it
was cold)…going back in Friday to meet an old
friend. Everyplace is becoming the same place
in America more and more…..the earth, even the
same dirt is not so visible…earthiness…but I did
share a cigarette and a chat with a very nice black 
woman outside the pub. That kind of simple 
human contact means everything anymore.

I did see myself in the mirror more than I ever do
in Mexico, so, I got a haircut. Not exciting, exactly,
but, really good. It's hard to get obsessed about the
tragic things that are happening in American right
now, because, right now, I'm in America, and I
just  had the best Indian food I've tasted in years,
bought some things I wanted at reasonable prices,
and as always, am completely blown away by the 
infrastructure. It doesn't add up…..yet. Somehow,
it's rather like balancing on the top of a wedding
cake.  I have no idea what that means….later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home