Saturday, August 24, 2024

Poetry Is An Anachronism

 Poetry was from a time 

when people had literary minds.

Writing was one of the few forms of 

entertainment, as well as education.

Now, with social media, it’s all entertainment,

dispensed in tiny bites to fit the manic

attention spans. No one is learning much

anymore…. too busy consuming 

information pollution to satisfy appetites

for bullshit. 

So, as I write here less, I write on X more.

More people see and read me there.

It’s a natural progression,

and I love telegraphing snarky comments.

So, I’m going away, but not disappearing.

Just a fade, a dissolve, into a different scene.

When you live among the Lotus Eaters, 

you can’t choose the menu. But, this way,

I can complain about the service:

“ Hey, waiter! There’s an “I” in my soup!”


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home