Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Buddhism 101

They give you a carrot on a stick and say:
"Walk towards the carrot" and that's 
meditation...and you get pissed off because 
you're not getting any closer, and you ask 
your meditation instructor and she says:
"You're doing fine...keep walking." "But I 
don't seem to be getting anywhere..." "You
see that carrot in front of you? That's where
you're going." "But why does it seem like 
I'm not getting anywhere?" "Because you're
trying to get to the carrot instead of simply 
walking towards it." "But, if you walk towards 
something, doesn't that mean you want to, 
and expect to, get there?" "If you're walking
towards a carrot on a stick, how can you 
possibly ever get there?" "I know! So, why
am I doing this?" "I'm sure I have no idea!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home