Saturday, November 22, 2014

Coup Du Jour

A Coup du Jour,
A Little Deuce Coup.
A mouse that roared
in front of me between 
me and my retreat shrine,
trying to scare me because
I was so still.

A blow to the ego every 
time you turn around…
which is why Buddha said
“Life sucks!”  (that’s a 
paraphrase…)

I could translate this into 
Mexican surreality…(oh,
Sartre, you’re so smartre)

The blow of seeing color 
outside my bedroom window
as I lie there, hoping I don’t
have to get up again.

It’s a deuce coup, 
a two edged sword
that cuts a blow
both ways. Manjushri’s
(name dropper!)
dare.

You marry into the pain
you grew up with.

Because nothing had a 
sense of humor, the
Big Bang happened.

Hopefully, they won’t
crucify the next person
that says
“You got this all wrong.”

At the end of the well
traveled path, there
are no forks….

to conclude the end of the
last beginning, just to get
back to nowhere,

the epiphenomina of a 
cigarette is smoke and ash…
the artifact is the butt.

It’s all about surface tension…
social meniscus…
keeping up with the memes.

But, then, you would have to 
be there.














0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home