Thursday, August 6, 2026

Auto-Da-Fe

Waiting like road kill on the sidewalk
only
I’m alive, with coffee.
A sad piece of old, raw meat laid out on the street.
I gave at the office.
I gave my life away.
My tombstone reads: “He tried.”

Oh, the possibilities when I was young!
The dharma was flourishing and I was part of that!

Now evil in the world is the main event.
It’s a dark age when the truth is hard to hear.
The Golden Age won’t happen unless the truth is revealed.
Meanwhile, the waiting is a bitch.

So, a raga, a cigarette, puffs of smoke from sky bombs,
cool air fans my body,
assuaging my sadness for all those tormented by uncertainty.

Love is the answer.
Love is all we need.
That message keeps sounding the soul.
Without it, where would we even be?

I still have love to give.
This is it; to the ephemeral waves of the internet 
I send it in waves of words
not expecting anything in return
because that’s what mind does
because it can’t help itself
if only you would know.

You do know…you love your child,
your dog,
something….
you love something.

Meanwhile, the raga plays my heartstrings,
the breeze tickles my skin,
waiting for y’all to catch the drift,
get a clue,
catch the meaning,
stop thinking
and take a look for a change.

I’ll just wait over here…
my body burning in the afternoon air.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home