Saturday, November 8, 2014

Evening Song

The crickets and frogs, cicadas,
distant music, barking of dogs
poured over the silence like gravy…
refrigerator hum reminder of
civilization, what I spawned from,
yet escaped to a somewhat distant
previous time, to Tepoztlan, fading
rapidly now like old celluloid. 
The aroma of my toilet reminds me
of Chicago train stations when  I 
was young….(olfactory memories
are rare these days… fresh bread 
aside). Bells now…I don’t know what
the late ones (or, any, really ) mean.
I remember in a tent with my brother,
next to  our house, hearing the same
insect sounds…sneaking back into the
house when our parents were asleep
to watch horror movies on  T.V.. It feels
like most around me here in town
are asleep now. A lone distant single note
shout of a bread seller. 






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home