Wednesday, October 29, 2014

I Saw A Man Playing Spoons

I saw a man playing spoons
on a street in Columbia, South 
Carolina, on a corner. I don’t
remember why I was there at
that exact moment, not far from 
my house. A magician of a minor
chord…it wasn’t just the spoons…
it was him he was playing…that’s
why the Blues are real.  Anyway,
he played those spoons like bones.
His music was as real as the tears 
on my momma’s face….it happened
on the street, in my heart, in his voice, 
in this world. That's what the old world
was like.

2 Comments:

At October 29, 2014 at 5:45 PM , Blogger John Tischer said...

One of the great joys of my life was meeting a man that fucked Odetta.

 
At October 29, 2014 at 5:51 PM , Blogger John Tischer said...

"that's what the old world was like..." Yeah, even I have to say that now.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home