Monday, October 27, 2014

Toothless In Tepoztlan

A bull that cannot charge
a cobra with no venom
a carnivore with no hunger.

Have I lost the will to live?
I think I’ve lost the will
not to die.

Let’s face it, like all the
toothless lions, supported
on each side by lionesses.

They know. Why don’t we?
Send old folks to processing
homes so someone doesn’t
have to see? That may not
be bad…more productive life
without the burden of knowing,
seeing one’s own fate.

I think sending me out onto the
ice, when I can’t chew the blubber
is really the best way.

Don’t put me in a home.
Let’s have a party in the
middle of winter. I’ll go out
then, into the cold with a
bottle of the best. That’s the
way a poet or an Eskimo
should go.








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home