Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Ode To Cafe At The End Of Time


This is the first prose piece I ever wrote…
(finished, I mean).
I don’t want to go near it…it scares me…
I know what  post-partum  depression is
now;  now that that “thing” is out of my body,
out of my mind…whether  it is deformed
or beautiful it took over my life for some time.

Writing poetry is more like taking a good crap:
when it’s done,  no matter how it felt, it’s over
and you don’t have to wonder and worry about
the next day’s installment…that always  takes
care of itself.

Yes,  art is a bodily function….otherwise why do
they cover themselves in makeup,  wear costumes,
pretend to bleed and vomit?  Besides….it’s more
fun when life tries to dance.

But writing is as far as art gets from life, and prose
is much further from life that poetry,  because poetry
uses words to show pictures,  while prose is more
like someone telling you about their children while
you both almost pass out from boredom.

So, this sounds like prose about the prose I just
finished…..strange that….can I finish with a poem?

Yes, we describe the world in prose…
but the world is really a poem,
seldom uttered …and  only when
the words weigh like diamonds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home