Thursday, July 26, 2007

Wishful Thinking

I`m at a cafe in Nagasaki the morning the Bomb fell.
The war`s been long and hard and we`re loosing,
but my little buisness is doing well.
Somehow, I`m sure we`ll get through all this,
and life will return to normal.
We should surrender to the barbarians before they invade,
but the leadership is so stubborn.

I`m at a bar in the World Trade Center on September 11.
I`m continuing the celebration I started last night...
what a deal! I`m only 45 and now I can retire!
I`ve got the land for the farm in Montana all picked out.
But, before that, I`m going to live it up here in New York,
the greatest city in the world.

I love my life here in Tepoztlan. I wish more Americans
could come here and learn to relax. I`m good for
a few more years...as long as the money holds out.
The Republicans can`t win the next election,
and then we`ll get out of Iraq...then the dollar
will get stronger again. The American system
always comes through in the end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home