Thursday, September 3, 2026

Nameless

There’s no name for it.
“Reality”, “The phenomenal world”,
“Things as they are” are words that are used…
not very descriptive.

Our names are not descriptive, unlike
Native Americans that named their children
after things…Running Buffalo is an example.

My Buddhist teacher gave his students descriptive names.
One of the names he gave me was “Dancer of Patience”.
It was an accuracy I could relate to and contemplate.

I call reality Bob, so I can say: “Bob’s my uncle.”
I say it quite often, which irritates a lot of people.
The joke’s on them, because Bob doesn’t care
what they think.

Some people say “God is everywhere.”
Some say “God is right here.”
I say Bob is everywhere and Bob is right here.
That eliminates theological debate.
God is another name that doesn’t describe.

In the movie: “Buckaroo Banzai”, all the aliens
had the first name John:
John Big Booty
John Small Berries
John Ya Ya
John Many Jars,
concurring with my observation.
In truth, John is the second most common
first name.
The first is Mohammed, any wonder?

Some common names stand for a thing:
Karen
Nancy (boy)
Mary
Chad
Dick.

“What’s in a name? A rose by any other name
would smell as sweet.” Shakespeare 
“Not an idea about the thing but the thing itself.”
Wallace Stevens

Thinking we know because we have labels for 
things is our greatest deception.
What was your name before you were born?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home