Wednesday, September 4, 2024

And So It Goes

“When I die, they will place my hands like this.

It will look as though I am flying into myself.”

Bill Knott, Chicago poet.

As the clouds come and go, whether you like it,

or not. Change comes hard for us, whether we like

it or not.

Even if we want to get better somehow, it’s a

difficult journey.

All the wisdom we need has been available for

thousands of years, whether we heed it or not.

Sometimes what is familiar gives us reassurance,

whether it’s good for us or not.

Humans are strange, have the ability to change,

unlike dogs and elephants, but, never forget:

you do what you do, whether you like it or not.

One teacher I knew said his teaching method 

was like a blind man swinging a stick in a crowd.

Whomever he hit was coincidence, auspicious

at that.

The world does what it does, whether…..(you

remember…whether you want to or not.)

We do what we do, over and over, ‘till we

get life right. Lives recycle, called reincarnation.

Comedians try the same joke over and over

‘till the audience gets the punchline.

That’s called compassion.

There’s only one poem, one song, one joke,

one punchline. Don’t you wonder, sometimes,

what it is, whether you want to or not?

I write, then I stop…I do what I do too,

whether anyone likes it or not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home