Monday, September 2, 2024

Sense Of Dollars

Clams, smackers, gelt, moola,

Lots more names I’m sure, filthy lucre.

“What it takes to get along”, 

post Depression song.

Really what it’s all about, isn’t it?

Would you agree is what I want to know.

I get along more without it now, I’m

shrinking rapidly, a slow fade as the music swells.

just a slow dissolve and segue into a new scene.

It never was my idea.

Whenever I relied solely on my rational mind,

it was always a big mistake.

I foretold, only to myself, my future up to now.

It’s hard to believe, for you, some of my realities 

that are true, (Ah, goofy poetry, foolish me).

I’ve never been a coward when survival was at stake.

I haven’t killed anybody yet. I had an opportunity and

wanted to, but didn’t. It’s always a possibility.

Why I mention that now I have no idea.

I’m just writing down what comes out of there.

No point in this one, no punchline. 

Might as well should give up now.

It turns out money wasn’t so important 

after all.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home