Friday, November 15, 2019

My Teacher’s Instructions

Over the course of studying with Chogyam 
Trungpa, he figured out how to communicate 
with me. Once I asked him a question when
I was with him. He gave me a long answer, by
the end of which, I was on another planet…
just by being with him, my mind was gone.
He knew I was a poet, so, he resorted to 
instructing me through that means of 
communication…one liners, usually. Over the
fifteen years I knew him when he was alive,
I had a meditation interview once or twice a 
year, where he would say something. I would
take what he said and try to do it. The last
sentence on this list was at the last interview
I had with him in 1978. It became a koan for 
me for the next thirty five years, until I finally
realized what he meant.

"You can't afford to be lazy

Don’t go too fast.

Don't get bogged down.

Forget about the past.

Cultivate a sense of humor.

Needs more practice.

Pain when you’re around me 
seems to be necessary.

No more questions

I don’t see any more problems.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home