Saturday, June 2, 2018

The Job

I went to school because it was my job
to get educated. My father gave me that
job, and I did it….not that I found school
taught me much besides how to learn,
become an autodidact, which I did become.

College: I didn’t go to classes to learn some
thing. Going to classes was the work of my
job. I had  to pass the classes to earn my
keep. It was the time I wasn’t in classes I 
learned the most; performing in and 
directing plays, taking LSD and 
Mescaline with my friends, being creative 
with them. Never before had I been with
my peers; young bright minds, (mine not
the brightest), learning from them…
learning how to communicate clearly
and precisely, at all.

So, four years of college was my first 
experience of living my life as a free being,
in as much as I was in control of what I did 
when. I had obligations. I knew I had to 
graduate in four years, because that was 
all I was going to get, and I didn’t want to 
spend another minute in that institution. 
For years, I would have nightmares that I 
had a year left ’til graduation. But, thank 
goodness I had that time before being 
thrown into the full blown world.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home