Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Day Tripper #? 2

….like taffy, it doesn’t matter where you
cut it off. It’s not easy to be picky with
taffy. 

“So, THAT”S what they were doing!”
Oh, yeah…..

How many times can you listen to “Over
And Over” by the Dave Clark Five, over
and over again? It’s a simple question.

…yes, this is the point where sometimes
we begin to have problems, where we’ve 
been going along, not paying particular
attention, and suddenly find ourselves…
Where? Many times where we never 
imagined we’d be, for better or worse.

“…and I found myself” theme of a poem
I wrote, stolen gladly from me by brethren.
Who finds themselves is a question one
might ask. How can you find what was 
never lost, yet, we keep running in circles.
If you’re looking for what is actually there,
good for you. Trying to shape the world
the way you’d like didn’t work for 
Napoleon, so, what makes you think it
will work for you? No no…so sorry…what
goes up must come down.

I worked in a factory. I made some money 
and it wasn’t pleasant. I chose plumbing
because it was still an outlaw profession.
We did our job and people left us alone
because we smelled bad. It worked out
well. I survived and still had the time to
do the things in life that meant something 
to me. And plumbing took me out of my 
mind and landed me squarely in my body…
great discipline…great connectedness to 
the moment. Pay me now or pay me later.




















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home