Thursday, December 21, 2017

Retirement

Stoned, of course…..
listening to the Grateful Dead
eating fried chicken
staring out the window
writing down words.

It doesn’t get any better than this…
it will get worse.

Just another deck chair on the
Titanic we think of as our lives.

I retired from helping Chogyam
Trungpa bring Buddhism to the West.

I retired from plumbing, acting, 
teaching…worn out, no venue.

I retired from worrying about family,
friends, the nation, the world, the
universe….life itself.
It’s all ok by me.
You go, all those things!
Jolly good luck!

I’ve put in my two cents, tried to help,
did what I thought was best…can’t be
blamed if I hadn’t much success.
How many people die without regret?
How many items on your bucket list?

I retired from doing into being
and, man, it’s sweet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home