Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Meat Dream

I don’t know what happened, but, suddenly,
I was there, like somebody turned on a light
switch. I had no idea what was happening…
everything was moving so fast for a while,
like I was on speed. Gradually I got used to 
the situation…I was in the care of gigantic
beings…gods, it seemed to me. As time went
on, I got used to the idea of being there. There
seemed to be a logic I was learning…how 
things were done…how it all worked. The 
gods that were there most of the time were
friendly, and I felt pretty secure. The older I 
got, the more I looked like them, so, I could 
see where this was going. I had what they 
called “teachers”, who tried to show me how
to do stuff, and wanted me to behave in a 
certain way. I went along with it because what
else could I do? Later on I found out that they 
only taught stuff that they had learned and 
seemed to work most of the time. I realized 
that none of them really had a clue about what
was really going on…that it was all a dream
we were caught up in and believed as if it was
real. They added on ridiculous beliefs to fill
in the blanks they couldn’t explain. Not to do so
would have subjected them to abject terror. 

Coda:


I opened my eyes in
orthodox beefcake.
Genetic hitchhiker, 
randomly I was there,
the torch of careless
stumbling through the
fog passed down like
a useless heirloom, 
looming ubiquitously
overhead. 















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home