Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Story #333

I attended my daughter's graduation
from American University in 1990. After
the ceremony, my little family; my ex, my 
daughter and her cousin, went to lunch
with her boyfriend and his family, which 
was slightly more extended. They sat me
next to her boyfriend's aunt, my age, and
an old Zen Buddhist practitioner. Since I
had been a Buddhist for many years, I
presume it was because they though we
would have something to talk about. 
Neither of us spoke a single word during
lunch...nor did we look at each other.
For desert, they served a rich chocolate
cake. After a few bites, this lady turned to 
me and said, in a very energetic and delighted
way: " I just love this cake!  I could eat so
much of it!" with a beaming smile.

I turned to her and said: "Oh! You are a very
spiritual person!" And we burst into a gale
of laughter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home