Thursday, November 26, 2015

Don Juan de Tepoztlan

Yo soy Juan...aproximadamente Don.
I was a great lover 'till the equipment
failure.

Now, I sit sipping coffee, watching my
beard grow, among the gentle folk of
this peaceful town, far from the 
maddened crowd...

...of humans that didn't quite make the
grade, wallowing in slumber of not
wanting to wake up.

It's not that I don't know that feeling.
But, I had to wake up because of the
eternal alarm clock going off in my head:
"It's time!"

I never understood why people thought
they understood, and tried to tell me what
was going on, when it was obvious they
had no idea, simply spouting someone
else's thoughts.

Whether religion, philosophy, home spun 
lore, none of it made any sense to me.

When I was young, I thought everyone
must be right, which caused much 
confusion, because, it seemed, no one
could agree on anything.

When I met the truth, a man, he didn't say
a single word....just sat there, being true.
This was something I could understand.

I asked him: "Isn't there an easier way?"
He simply shook his head and giggled.

Yada, yada, yada. Forty plus many years
later, I sip my coffee simply and smile.












0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home