Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Old-ish Man Basking In A Chair At A Computer (for Keith Dowman)

No wonder we all worked so hard
all those years
(those of us that did)....

I lived in shacks and learned that
wherever I was was a palace.

I thought so hard, for so many years,
'till one moment I realized I didn't
have to think.

I don't have much to say.
I'd rather just dance in the
stillness....rather trite, 
perhaps. (oops...wrote
myself into a corner.)

Maybe the earth is flat,
after all. There seem to
be many imminent dangers
of falling off of it, let's say....

so, I'm not the only one
waiting for the paint to dry...
seeing reality on my screen
that no one dreamed of 
even ten years ago.


........................................................


Old men are good at basking,
like stone fish waiting with
magic patience.

        .         .           .           .

"How did that work out for ya?"

"Well, Jerry, it took a lot of hard
work and good timing...plus, a
little luck!" (Tube worm in the
Mariana Trench)

...............................................................

Every morning, when I was 
working as a plumber, my 
first thought would be: "I
don't know how to do this."

Every morning, when I wake
up now, my first thought is:
"I don't have to do plumbing,"
Then, I fall back asleep.


.....................................................


One can bask in the sun
'till the sun goes down.
One can bask at a computer
'till the power goes out
'till there's an earthquake
'till the army comes to your door....
natural light is best.













0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home