Friday, May 29, 2015

Intuit This

When I followed intuition,
things seemed to work out 
better...my rational decisions
always led to disaster...

luckily, it was hard for rationality
to find purchase on my slippery,
contradictory, schizophrenic 
privileged upbringing...I mean,
it was just a matter of time before
I came out of that stew, as we all 
do....in my case, it was very lucky...

Inuit, intuit, else I'm not into it....
you think our ancestors made
tools, learned to cook, because
of rational mind? No, they just 
saw what fire did.

Rational mind..."I think therefore,
I am."  DesCartes before the horse...
if you weren't already, you wouldn't
already be thinking....after "I am" is
the only time you can realize you're
thinking...a stone fish would eat your
point of view for breakfast.

Rational mind is addictive because
it makes sense, like heroin when you
Jones...like any tool, it can be misused.
Western mind has raised the rational
beyond it's intended purpose, to make
shopping lists, get to the moon, to the 
point that Western tendency is for
humans to believe that rational mind 
can...do everything...solve all the problems,
which, seems to me, an oxymoron....
to believe in rational mind.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home