Monday, February 9, 2015

For John #2

This is the last Dear John letter I’ll 
ever write you. It may take a while to 
get to you, It’s already gotten to
me, but maybe, no, surely, you’re
so raw in the now  now that you are
hearing me, Dear John. You’re dead.
We all go this way. All that know
you will not forget you, so, we don’t
have to deal in past tense. Just because
we didn’t spend a lot of time together
didn’t mean that I forgot you were there.
Just because you are gone now doesn’t
mean that I feel you not there. 

I’m not sure why I loved you. I think it
might be the same for all of us, ever
in our lives, we love because we can’t 
help ourselves. That’s the best…always
a surprise. We know why we hate…
because we have a good reason.
We are not sure why we love….
why? What the heck is that?

No, John, we love because that is,
was, shall be the only
reason for our lives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home