Monday, January 26, 2015

Heroin

I never took it…I always wanted to.
Now would be the perfect time in my
life….nohing much left to waste.

Those poor folks with dementia,
Alzenheimers, wasted and not
even a bit of fun, a bit of relief.

Would I rather die on a toilet,
a needle in my arm? To be or
not to be? Isn’t that the 
overwhelming question?

Shall I part my hair behind?
Do I dare to eat a peach?
Do I slip into old age, 
clinging to a dying animal? 

I probably won’t know
what hit me….

Maybe I’m beginning to
see the light…heroin was
always on my team…
wine in the morning…
breakfast at night..

“Storm ahead..furl the sails!”
Flaring, sudden, unexpected
death, I didn’t live this long
to let this life get out of hand.

Take it to the river bed…I got 
a line
on what’s ahead…fresh garbage
(see what I did there?) Is this even
writing, or, the beginning of
hyperplasticecondroplasia? I’m 
just asking.

Yeah, what’s this? A poem?
Or, just what I do ’till I can’t
do anything more?












0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home