Monday, December 22, 2014

Babylon Brook

Is what I feel sometimes I am…
hiding in the reeds somewhere
where the gurgle I sometimes
recognize as my voice is sending
somekind of message out where 
there are people. It really has an
ancient feel….earth and water in
proximity and mixed…as the 
metaphor for my mind.

Trapped in a simulacrum of what
I thought I should be, or, a replica
of what I thought I once was.

(That’s a twenty buck phrase there,
Dude, step up)

A brook, with it’s rocks is like a Calder
gazebo, where the motion is constant, 
frozen….like so many people’s lives.

3 Comments:

At December 22, 2014 at 4:20 PM , Blogger John Tischer said...

no one said the end would be pretty.

 
At December 22, 2014 at 4:41 PM , Blogger John Tischer said...

My poem is?

eecummings "A light goes on in a toiletwindow."

Me "cut the taffy when you've had enough."

 
At December 22, 2014 at 5:32 PM , Blogger John Tischer said...

there's a rule...you have to cut the taffy off somewhere

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home