Monday, July 14, 2014

Poem About Clouds And Light (for D.D)

The clouds in the Midwest, Illinois, were line storms…
you could see a line of delicious blackness growing east…
I used to lie on my lawn, watching the darkness come to me.

The clouds and light in Boulder, (Colorado, the whole state even),
and Tepoztlan, Mexico, where I live now
are similar…clouds and mountains quarreling over light, 
darkness and space….the storm directions and intensity 
dictated by the mountains' physical enormity….

Light plays, as we know, chiaroscuro….I go where the light plays
all the time because I identify with the light and the dark, and I
enjoy their conversations.

I can tell how long before it rains here now. 
It’s probably where the real shamans came from…
I’m certainly not claiming to be one of them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home