Wednesday, July 9, 2014

E Mail To My Editor

I love Breton poets...I love Breton, the poet...I love 
the surrealists and the Dadaists because they prove 
even the French can have a sense of humor....I love 
escargot, because only the French could have figured 
out how to eat those bastards... I love meals that 
take all day....I love hairy legs leading to wet pussy....
France is the land where art was the purest,
because, besides art and food, there was nothing.....
I love that they loved Josephine Baker and 
Jack Johnson...I love the Beat hotel and the filthy 
pissoirs......I love Genet, Rimbaud....Prevert, 
Apollinaire, Dumal, Artaud, the spirit that the Beats 
inherited....Dali and Picasso may have been 
Spaniards,  but they were French in fact. They didn't 
have internet then, so, it took .....a long time....to get 
everything out of a poem, of a painting, of a symphony.  
The only re-play was through their senses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home