Saturday, July 12, 2014

Nuclear Waste

I agree with George Carlin;
swimming in polluted waters 
when I was young gave me 
a strong immune system.

As a plumber, I inhaled lead 
fumes, solder smoke, glue and 
cleaner, acetone….smoked 
cigarettes for thirty five years,
drank since I was sixteen…how
glorious my German/Jewish  genes.

I should be glowing in the dark
by now, or maybe, huge anomalies
sprouting from my body….my 
generation was healthy and ate 
good food..drank pure water.

I don’t mean to beat a Fukushima
horse….I don’t mean to split
Gulf oil spills…it’s all waste at the
nuclear level…the brain, the mind…

Nobody intended these disasters
to happen…I didn’t intend to write 
this poem. I think I took the right
fork in the road.

1 Comments:

At July 12, 2014 at 3:30 PM , Blogger John Tischer said...

" the woods are lovely, dark and deep...." (R.F.)
but, is that all you want to do?
go to sleep?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home