Saturday, June 30, 2007

Ode to John Lennon`s Diary

Sometimes I write poems
Some people read them
Sometimes I sit in a cafe for hours
Sometimes I smoke some cigarettes
Sometimes I like the music in the cafe
Sometimes I don`t
Sometimes I talk to the people there
Sometimes someone tries to sell me something
Sometimes I buy something
Sometimes someone asks for a few pesos
Sometimes I give it
Sometimes a pretty girl walks by
with a smile
Sometimes a pretty girl walks by
with a frown
Sometimes a man walks by with a dog
Sometimes it`s an old woman
pulling along a little child
I could have been a lawyer
I could have been an actor
I could have been a writer
I didn`t feel like selling my soul
So, instead, I sold my body
and became a plumber
Sometimes I think about the past
but not very often.

1 Comments:

At December 17, 2007 at 8:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brilliant.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home