Monday, June 25, 2007

Ode to a Blank Wall

You are so uncompromising
it’s impossible to make you flinch.
I have no idea what you think or feel
I don’t know how to get through to you
You are my koan…I sit in front of you
for hours, my mind struggles with
your blanksmanship. Can’t you show me
something…a stain, a crack, a pattern…
to make me feel less alone? Your
smug indifference is infuriating…but
I admire your stoic tolerance for sameness.
I project my movies on you…you seem to
become many things…but when the movie
is over and the light comes on, you are there,
supreme blank wall, master of us all.

2 Comments:

At June 25, 2007 at 1:40 PM , Blogger Scully said...

well said, man

 
At November 10, 2008 at 9:31 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home