Friday, December 4, 2020

Nowhere To Go

 Serendipitous these last years of my life,

the last years that have been and will be.

The plan I had for life never could see

what would become of me

at the end 

when all the words have been said,

when ambition and intent peter out,

when it seems none of it mattered

all that much.


No chains to hold me, no ties that bind,

a piece of raw meat in an open field.

You want a piece of me? You can have it.

Use whatever of me you can, I’m yours!

The ultimate giveaway,

expecting nothing in return!

I’ve done it all my life and there’s 

not much left, so hurry!


Still, the children smile at my rainbow socks.

People say “Buenos dias!” to an old man

with nowhere to go…..simple magic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home