Saturday, May 9, 2020

Mitigating Matter

The pain of conditioned existence,
which Buddhists say, for a regular
person is like an eyelash on the 
palm of your hand, to a Buddhist,
is like an eyelash in your eye…
mitigated by matter 
that changes
the chemicals in our brains
mitigating our matter.

We mitigate our lives the best 
we can, the slings and arrows,
as long as we can stand. 
A little helper doesn’t hurt…
I can’t see anything wrong with that.

What’s wrong with tweeting the 
equipment, open tuning the 
instrument, tuning the fork? 
After all, as Wallace Stevens wrote:
“The eccentric is the basis of design.”

No: “I can’t tonight, Darling, 
I have a headache.”
No!
There should be more...there isn’t.

(Instead of taking a leap there,
I thought I'd skip it).





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home