Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Medellin 7.1

I know my neighborhood for a couple of blocks
the tienda and BBQ joint down the street,
hippie coffee house/hostel in the other direction,
barber shop, a couple of markets, I can live here...
(still seems a miracle I'm anywhere at all)....

...not everyone says "Buenas dias!" the way they
did in Tepoztlan...city's too big...but still, here,
one sees people walking, holding hands...

...the penthouse I live in we call: "Narco cheese"
...it was built when Escobar was in power, has
two wall safes, chrome accents falling off the walls,
a staircase reminiscent of a Spanish gallion, was
one of the tallest buildings of the time...

....the mark I make here will be faint compared to
Escobar, which is more of a magnificent scar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home