Monday, June 25, 2018

Leavin' Trunk

I’m packin’ my leavin’ trunk, Honey,
I sure am. Gettin’ outta Dodge, an
artful codger. Ain’t nutthin’ in America
I left behind, ‘cause the America I knew
is already long gone.

Ready, steady, go! So long, and thanks
for all the music and art, what you should
have been paying attention to instead of
losing touch with your souls because it 
was easier that way.

Kmart, Walmart, all the marts ain’t smart,
but, smarter than you. Do you ever wonder
why you feel the way you do, or, just let the
doctors, pundits, priests and politicians 
tell you? Belief is just a swallow away.

Some are not asleep, see the scheme 
of things externally controlled. No President
has been as reviled as Trump. Just that
should give you pause, but, no, hysteria,
democracy in action, is the action of this 
mob.

So, no thanks, you’re welcome to your world,
the one you created while you weren’t looking.
I don’t have to ask what’s cooking.










0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home